Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 reflection

I am not one for words.. it's clear by my less than lengthy repetitive posts. Mostly I assume that what I have to say has no actual value to readers so why waste time trying to come up with some clever way to say what I've been up recently. I am a huge goofball whose words should most likely never be written somewhere permanent.. you never know what you're going to get. I figured, though, that since we are coming up on the New Year I'd take a moment to get cheesy and reflect on this past year.

2012 began a little shaky (literally - I spent NYE with the stomach flu). I lost one of my best friends at the end of 2011 to an argument where feelings were hurt and egos and stubbornness took over. That took a long time to accept that we were no longer going to be friends.

In March I got a new job - designer and product developer. I would say this changed my life. Finally, after all of the schooling, 6 years, 3 degrees, countless hours, cramping hands from spending far too much time in illustrator and photoshop, and working my ass off to graduate magna cum laude paid off. I finally moved my butt back to the city - where I belonged.

In May I dyed my hair dark. I have been blonde almost my entire life. It's still pretty dark but I feel I'm getting pulled back to the light side. TBD...

End of spring and early summer brought wedding season. I realized how much I LOVE going to weddings. The love, the cake, the decorations, everyone dancing.. I should just say I love to celebrate and party (in a classy way). How could you not enjoy the new chapter of someone's life starting? It feels refreshing to just watch.

Summer was a blur, as it usually is when spent in Chicago. Cubs games, bon fires, parties, BBQs - there's nothing better to me than this.

In October I lost a family member. She passed away in her sleep but was far too young to go. Unfortunately I have already lost many family members and even more friends. In ways this makes me more numb to the entire situation. It was heartbreaking to watch others go through it for the first time. It was even worse to hear my mom talk about how she was the last link to her own father.

November brought a lighter note - I traveled to China for almost the entire month for work. What an amazing experience. Visiting factories, suppliers, trade shows, historical sights - it was the best learning experience I could have ever gotten. My job is so much easier and I cannot wait to go again.

December has brought my 4 year anniversary with my man (which if you follow me on instagram (handle is sylvieg) that will explain the barrage of photos of him and me). The very next day one of my best friends got engaged! I am so psyched for all of the planning and parties that are going to go along with it. That is right up my alley. Next up is my annual NYE party. Although last year I had to pass, the year before we had around 85 guests. I promise to post some fun photobooth pictures.

Needless to say, I am ending this year on an extreme note of happiness.

Well if you made it through all of that garbage then congratulations, and if not, then you're in luck because you won't see another one for a year. Happy holidays to everyone!


3 comments:

  1. These photos looks great!!
    Merry Christmas:)

    http://art-of-diona.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy holidays to you too sylvie girl! you've had quite the year. great photos of you. yes, i read every word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the year... I'm glad for your happinesses, and send my condolences for your losses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every single one =) I love to hear what you think!